The significance of ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’ (written by C.B Satpathy) are:
- This is the first and foremost book based on the life-story of Shri Sai Baba, which was originally composed in Marathi verse form. The writing of the book started in the lifetime of Baba with his blessings.
- The Hindi translation of this book is in simple Hindi language, which can be understood even by a common man.
- The divine truth imparted by this book is even greater than the knowledge contained in the Vedas and Geeta, because all the characters and events in it are real and authentic as also recorded in details by many devotees.
- Because of the expression in simple Hindi it is easy even for every one to comprehend it. Today there are very few people who can understand Sanskrit language properly and absorb the meaning and substance easily.
- The spiritual essence contained in all the religious scriptures like Vedas, Geeta, Yoga Vashisht is found in the life-story of Shri Sainath.
- The concepts on God and spirituality are explained in such a simple yet comprehensive manner in ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’ that no additional book, or commentary etc. is required to understand it. It has a natural flow of which the readers starts feeling as if they had been closely associated with its events in their past life.
- I may mention here that the glory of Shri Sai is spreading in the world, far and wide, in such an amazing way that detailed information at the web sites on Internet about Shri Sai and ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’ is available for interested readers.
- The foremost duty of a Sai devotee is therefore to read ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’ and absorb it by heart if possible. The more they read this book, the more it will bring them closer to Baba and all their doubts and apprehensions will be cleared.
- It also has been experienced that during crisis if any devotee is searching for an answer, if he randomly opens of ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’ praying Baba sincerely and with faith his answer can be found in that open page.
- Many people have got their desired benefits after reading ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’ for a week in a parayana form.
Shri Sai Satcharitra’ should be utilized by all Sai devotees in the following manner:
- Get the book, ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’ in whatever language one chooses to read. Neatly wrap it up in a piece of new cloth, and place it near Baba’s photograph or idol with due sanctity.
- Whether at home or elsewhere, one should always read a few pages of the book every night before going to sleep. Every devotee should try to keep Baba as the last thought before sleep.
- During crisis it should be read devotionally for a week, as is mentioned in ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’. If possible, reading should begin on a Thursday or on some other special day, such as Ramnavami, Dussehra, Gurupurnima, Janmashtmi, Mahashivratri, Navratri, etc. After it’s completion on the seventh day one should feed the poor and destitute either in the temple/home or wherever possible.
- One should read it sitting in some isolated corner in the temple or in front of Baba’s statue or Photograph/painting. If other people are present, then it should be read to them or with them as well. Group reading should always be encouraged.
- Wherever and whenever possible, it should be read continuously from sunrise to sunset in the temples on auspicious days. Devotees may be asked to read it by turn as is done in chanting the holy name i.e. Naamjap. Encourage children to read this book. Question answer competition from the “Shri Sai Satcharitra” can be organized in temples.
- ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’ should be read to the devotees – sick, old aged and those nearing death as much as possible. All of them will get peace.
- ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’ is a reasonably priced book and is easily available at Shirdi. Therefore, any devotee visiting Shirdi must bring a few copies with him to distribute among the deserving people free of cost.
- At times, of distress and agony if one sincerely searches for the answers from ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’ he will not only find the answers but also solace. His faith will grown in Baba. I pray Shri Sainath to reveal the divine knowledge and mysteries contained in this book to the devotees in the same manner in which he had inspired Hemandpant to write this book sitting in his heart. Shri Sai Satcharitra should be taken by all Sai devotees as Geeta and Bible.